Thursday, June 21, 2012

Too much sitting

These are my thoughts on the second day of class, though I am writing them on the third day.  First week of school and I am already behind.  So I started my food and activity log for health class yesterday.  I have 2 full days worth of activity and food logged.  The first thing that I noticed was that my food column is waaaaay longer than my activity column.  The main reason?  Well, a good portion of my day is sitting down in class (roughly 6-7 hours a day), sitting in my car for 30 mins up to an hour, and sitting in front of my computer doing homework (2-3 hours).  All in all, I'm doing too much sitting.  Thankfully I have little spurts of activity in between all this sitting, like cooking and doing chores, playing with my son (we had quite an active game of pretend football and pretend bubble popping at the park yesterday). Still, this log has already shown me how little time I have during the school week to get outside and do something active.  So now its even more important for me to make sure that my family and I spend good quality time outside over the weekend, even if that means downloading articles onto the Ipad and taking my homework outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment