Ideas and stories to help me learn how to become an effective multicultural educator.
Wednesday, June 27, 2012
Play as exercise
I have been trying to find time to exercise and train for the Warrior Dash (a 3.5 mile obstacle course). I have been unsuccessful thus far. Its hard enough to find time to do something that I enjoy let alone something that I find boring and tedious like working out. I didn't work out today. Instead I jumped rope and hula hooped. I also did a little zumba and played backup dancer to my nephews' singing on the Xbox. I got sweaty and my calves are feeling sore. So no, I didn't work out, but I did get some exercise. What did I take away from this experience? I learned that even college students need recesses and that playing with my son and nephews is a much funner alternative to working out at a gym.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment