The cohort had to craft personal vignettes about one way in which literacy had touched our lives. We created a rough, rough draft, then a rough draft, then a final draft. All along the way we were given specific instructions about how to help edit, appreciate and support our classmates in the writing process. This included taking note of what words stuck out and grabbed your attention, or giving feedback on different aspects of the vignette, like the conclusion. Then we turned our written vignettes into a digital photostory. This process helped illuminate the differences between purely written work vs. work with images and audio. I found that while my written vignette required lots of descriptions in order to convey tone and imagery, my digital vignette allowed me to use images and music to portray the tone. I found that I had to completely re-write my vignette and cut out large pieces of the story in order to not be redundant in my words and images. It was a very cool assignment--definitely something I would do with my own students.
Ideas and stories to help me learn how to become an effective multicultural educator.
Thursday, December 6, 2012
Another Digital Photostory: this time about literacy
The cohort had to craft personal vignettes about one way in which literacy had touched our lives. We created a rough, rough draft, then a rough draft, then a final draft. All along the way we were given specific instructions about how to help edit, appreciate and support our classmates in the writing process. This included taking note of what words stuck out and grabbed your attention, or giving feedback on different aspects of the vignette, like the conclusion. Then we turned our written vignettes into a digital photostory. This process helped illuminate the differences between purely written work vs. work with images and audio. I found that while my written vignette required lots of descriptions in order to convey tone and imagery, my digital vignette allowed me to use images and music to portray the tone. I found that I had to completely re-write my vignette and cut out large pieces of the story in order to not be redundant in my words and images. It was a very cool assignment--definitely something I would do with my own students.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment